Terms & Conditions
CONFERENCES, MEETINGS, TRAINING TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions apply to and form part of all contracts entered into by City Edge (the Company)and shall operate to the entire exclusions of any Terms and Conditions of any person(the Client)making a booking. References in this agreement to the “Company” shall mean City Edge who shall enter the contract with the client.
No purposed variations or exclusions of these Terms & Conditions (whether contained in any letter/document of the client or otherwise) shall be of any effect unless accepted in writing by the company. Confirmation of a booking or payment of a deposit by the client shall constitute acceptance of these Terms and conditions.
- Rooms are hired out on a half day, full day basis or evening basis. Full day means any time between 900hrs to 1700hrs and half day any time between 900-1300hrs OR 1300hrs – 1700hrs, Evening between 1800hrs-2130hrs.
- All bookings made by telephone will be logged as provisional bookings until a letter of confirmation is received from the client either by fax or e-mail.
- Bookings made for up to 2 months in advance, will be held provisionally for 10 working days only. After this period, bookings will be released unless confirmed. Bookings made for more than 2 months in advance can be held up to 1 month before confirmation is required.
- Upon the conference office receiving a letter of confirmation, the room(s) is considered confirmed and the booking will be subject to cancellation fees.
- It is the responsibility of the client to ensure all event requirements for each booking are passed to the conference office by at least 4 weeks prior to the event. Upon receiving this information the conference office will compile and send the client a client booking form to confirm the requirements. Should the minimum notice period not be given, then the services such as catering and Audio and Visual cannot be guaranteed.
- Anticipated final numbers of those persons attending the function to the nearest 10 persons must be notified in writing to the company at least 14 working days before the date upon which the function is due to commence. Final numbers of the persons attending this function must be notified in writing to the company not less than 72 hours before the function is due to commence. This number will be the minimum number chargeable to the account and must not be less than 90% of the number first booked. The amount payable shall be calculated on this final number OR 90% of the number first booked OR the number of persons actually attending, whichever is the greatest. The size of the function or conference space allocated to the client is based on the expected number of attendees and in the case of more than a 10% increase or reduction, the allocated function space may be changed by the company without notice to the client.
- Functions and conferences are required to finish at the time agreed when the booking is made. Exceptions to this time are at the sole discretion of the company, which would make an additional charge for any such extension, and are also subject to the licensing statutory laws. At the same time the booking is made, the client shall specify the nature and purpose of the function, which shall not be changed without the prior written approval of the company. Consideration must be given to local residents when leaving the premises and the surrounding area by keeping noise to a minimum level.
- An invoice will be raised after the event, along with all relevant charges.
- If the client cancels the function or conference by notice in writing to the company the following charges will be immediately due and payable by the client.
- In the event of cancellation more than 4 weeks prior to the start date there will be an administration charge of 10% of the estimated total costs plus VAT. Where a deposit has been paid, any balance held by the company in excess of the administration charge will be repaid by the company within 14 days of written notice of cancellation being received by the company.
- In the event of cancellation, 30-16 days before the event is due to take place, the cancellation charge will be 25% of the estimated total cost for the event plus VAT.
- In the event of cancellation, 15-10 days before the event is due to take place, the cancellation charge will be 50% of the estimated total cost for the event plus VAT.
- In the event of cancellation, 9-3 days before the event is due to take place, the cancellation charge will be 80% of the estimated total cost for the event plus VAT.
- In the event of cancellation, 48 hours before the event is due to take place, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the estimated total cost for the event plus VAT.
- Cancellations will be accepted and effective if notified in writing to the company and clearly specifying the function to which the notice relates. Cancellations are deemed effective from the date upon which the notice is received by the company.
- The company will endeavor to re-allocate the function space and a reduction of the cancellation charge will be made if the function space is re-allocated to another client. The amount of any such reduction will be at the complete discretion of the company. In the event that the client cancels a booking, then, in addition to the administration fee previously referred to, any commitment that has been made by the company on behalf of or for the benefit of the client for any services i.e., entertainment, car, flowers, equipment etc, or otherwise however arising shall be promptly reimbursed to the company in full or settled direct by the client who will indemnify and keep indemnified the company against all expenses, costs, claims, proceedings and demands suffered or incurred by the company.
- 3. PAYMENT
- On confirmation of a booking, a deposit will be required of 20% of anticipated total cost or £500.00 whichever is the greater.
- The deposit will be fully refunded once the building and the facilities have been checked, and no damage has been caused. Within 5 working days.
- In the event that deposits are not paid when requested, then, without prejudice to the other rights or remedies it may have, the Company reserves the right, without notice to the client to forfeit any deposits previously paid by the client and to reallocate the room and treat the booking as cancelled.
- Payment shall be by cash, cheque, banker’s draft or such credit cards as are recognized by the company. Credit card payments should be agreed in advance and a small surcharge will be added to the account as notified to the client from time to time.
- Full payment of all charges, including VAT at the current rate, must be made at least 14 days after the function or conference,
- Where credit facilities have been agreed with the client, all booking charges incurred by the client other than the deposit will be invoiced by the company and become payable within 14 days from the date of Invoice or, if earlier, prior to the date of the function. Any queries regarding this agreement shall not affect the rights of the company to insist upon the immediate payment in full of the outstanding balance. The company reserves the right to charge interest on any outstanding balances at the rate of 2.5% for each 28 days period, (but accruing on a daily basis) from the due date for payment to the actual payment.
- Prices quoted are fixed for the period stated subject only to increases to take into account budgetary fluctuations, alterations in menu prices and other associated costs. Such prices are inclusive of VAT. In the event that the level of VAT changes between the date of the booking and the date of holding the event the company reserves the right to alter the total price charged by the amount of the change in VAT.
4. HEALTH & SAFETY
- Sodexho provides all catering, No food, beverages, wines or spirits may be brought to the premises by clients or their guests except by prior written agreement with the company. Catering labor charges apply to bookings made outside college term dates and hours.
- No electrical equipment should be brought on site unless agreed by the company and a PAT(Portable Appliance Test) certificate will be required to comply with the British safety standards
- The Maximum number of people allowed in an individual room is decided by the college, in consultation with the fire officer, and must not be exceeded. Exits are to be kept clear at all times
- The Company does not have a Public Entertainment License, and for this reason tickets cannot be sold at the door of events. Please ensure you abide by this. The premises may not be used for certain kinds of entertainment open to the public unless an occasional license or planning permission has been obtained. A copy of the license should be given to the company 7 days prior to the event.
- All functions and conferences are subject to and must comply with all relevant statutory regulations including, without limitations, those relating to fire precautions and entertainment and the Licensing Acts. All such regulations must be strictly observed and the client shall be responsible for the orderly conduct of any function, and to ensure that there is no breach of the law by those attending the function.
- The company reserves the right in its absolute discretion to refuse admission to any guest and to veto the engagement by clients of any other person in connection with the any functions and to prevent the admission/performance by any such persons at any functions and to restrict noise levels and will without obligation be pleased to give advice or recommendations in this connection
- Clients as a condition of use must take all reasonable steps, to ensure that any persons affected by their undertakings are informed of any specific procedures outlined by City Edge as regards to health & safety whilst on the premises provided. Parents/Careers have the responsibility to ensure that children are supervised at all times.
4. GENERAL LIABILITY
The company will not be liable for any loss or inconvenience to clients caused by cancellation of a booked event due to:-
- Industrial action by the company, employees or staff or a major supplier: and/or
- Fire, lightning, aircraft impact, explosion, riot and civil commotion, malicious damage, burst pipes, earthquake: and/or
- Breakdown of plant, failure to supply the company with gas, water services, electricity etc: and/or
- Any other circumstances beyond the control of the company.
- The contract is not a
- The contract she is governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with the laws of England.
- The client shall indemnify the company from and against all costs, charges, claims, expenses, demands and liabilities suffered or incurred by the company as a result of any improper behavior by the client or its guests and or in connection with any breach by the client of any of these terms and conditions.
- The company does not accept responsibility for the property of clients or guests. Designated areas are provided for the convenience of clients and their guests but any items deposited in these areas are done so at the owner’s risk and without any obligation or liability on the part of the company howsoever arising.
- The client shall be responsible for any damage caused to the allocated rooms, or the furnishings and equipment therein by any act, default, neglect of the client or of any subcontractor or guests of the client and shall pay the company on demand the full amount required to make good any such damage. In the event that in the opinion of the company, an unreasonable amount of cleaning is required to the room or space after a function an additional charge to cover labor and equipment costs will be levied which shall be reimbursed by the client on first written demand from the company
- Any client wishing to print details of the community College, Shoreditch in any publication or advertisement must obtain written agreement from College via the company prior to doing so.
- The Company has very limited parking and the company accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to parked cars on the premises and does not guarantee the availability of car parking spaces.
- All notices and communications to be given in writing to the company may be delivered by personal delivery or sent by facsimile transmission or posted by first class prepaid post addressed as above.